- The Art of Teaching
- What is History?
- Why Teach History?
- Creating a Personal Mission Statement
- Characteristics of a Good History Teacher
- Building a History Curriculum
- Teaching History with the Posthole Approach
- Covering Historical Content in the Time Available
- Teaching History in Bits and Pieces
- What is Historical Thinking?
- Teaching Students to Think Historically
- Strategies for Teaching History
- Handling Controversial Issues in a History Class
- Analyzing Works of Art in a History Class
The topics listed below provide links to information about the art of teaching history. I have spent over forty years as an educator, teaching U.S. history and humanities to high school students and training secondary teachers as an education consultant. I have posted this information with the hope that my experience as an educator might in some small way help other history teachers.